Coquito – Great Drink!!
Coquito on the rocks, With a cinammon stick to make it look pretty
Last month while we were talking about Rompope and all the things we mix it with, one of our Dancing Chefs who by the way is from Puerto Rico, told me about a similar drink, that is tradicional from Puerto Rico, Coquito!!! (Little Coconut), so I took some time to look for the recepie, made it and let me tell you something if you like creamy drinks like Rompope and you also like coconut, THIS IS YOUR DRINK!!! Yummm! Really easy to make since you just have to mix up some ingredients.
- 2 15-ounce cans cream of coconut
- 2 14-ounce cans condensed milk
- 6 ounces white rum (use less if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon coconut (or vanilla) extract
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender.
2. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Serve cold.
Serves: This recipe makes about 36 ounces.
Coquito with frozen strawberries blended together, and some cinammon on top
Coquito with Whipped cream and Nutmeg on top
Goes well with:
Fruit, Specially Frozen Strawberries (might want to blend them together and get a slush)
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, let us know what you think!!!
Salud, Dinero y mucho, mucho AMOR!!!